Are you looking for an opportunity to become more involved in your local ceramic community? Perhaps there’s a certain skill or area of expertise you’d like to learn more about or would be willing to share? Or maybe you’d like to build a one-to-one relationship with someone else working in your field. If so, consider becoming a mentor or mentee as a member of MNWCA.
Benefits of Becoming a Mentor
• Gain personal satisfaction from enriching the emerging artists’, students’, or established artists’ current artistic needs.
• Give back to the ceramic community through the development of peers, emerging artists, students, and ceramic professionals for the future by personally and professionally supporting their growth.
• Enhance coaching, feedback and existing skills.
• Get exposure to new and different styles, knowledge, and perspectives.
Benefits of Becoming a Mentee
• Develop attributes and understanding of clay and ceramics as it relates to professional and personal development.
• Learn and apply clay and ceramic skills.
• Acquire access to the experiences of working and established artists for guidance in technique, shows, career opportunities, educational opportunities, apprenticing opportunities, representation, communication, and networking skills.
• Develop the skills and knowledge to become a future mentor.
How to Get Started
We’ve developed several tools for you to help you utilize the MNWCA Mentoring Program, including:
• A complete description of the MNWCA Mentoring Program
• The MNWCA Mentoring Agreement helps define the what, when, who, and how tos of your mentoring session
• Example statements of Mentoring Program Objectives
• How to utilize our website to Become a Mentor or Search for Mentors
• Be sure to take advantage of the Mentoring Forum.
Note: special thanks to the Potters Council Mentoring Program from which we freely borrowed.